The NRC Advantage
Great Minds. One Goal. Canada’s Success.
The National Research Council of Canada (NRC) is the Government of Canada’s largest research organization supporting industrial innovation, the advancement of knowledge and technology development. We collaborate with over 70 colleges, universities and hospitals annually, work with 800 companies on their projects, and provide advice or funding to over 8000 Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) each year.
We bring together the brightest minds to deliver tangible impacts on the lives of Canadians and people around the world. And now, we want to partner with you. Let your expertise and inspirations make an impact by joining the NRC.
At the NRC, we know that diversity enables excellence in research and innovation. We are committed to a diverse and representative workforce, a safe and respectful work environment, and contributing to a more inclusive Canadian innovation system. We welcome all qualified applicants and encourage you to complete the employment equity self-declaration questions during the job application process.
Please let us know of any accommodation measures required to help you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Please note that the information you provide will be treated confidentially.
Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada’s largest research and technology organization.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to support our Energy, Mining and Environment Research Centre. The Administrative Assistant would be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity.
At the Energy, Mining and Environment Research Centre, we create green and sustainable technologies for clean energy, resource extraction and environmental protection, essential to strengthen and support Canada’s future clean economy.
The selected candidate provides general administrative support. Some of the duties of the position may include: coordinating meetings (including events and seminars); making and revising travel arrangements; preparing correspondence, reports and presentations; establishing and maintaining filing and signing systems and responding to general enquiries. Other duties associated with research environments may include shipping and receiving, procurement, being a badge coordinator, time coordinator, Non-Salaried Worker coordinator, or publications administrator.
The Administrative Assistant is an integral part of the machinery that enables the NRC to do what we do!
Remarkable Work Environment
NRC employees enjoy a wide range of benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans. Vacation starts at 3 weeks, 3 weeks of sick leave, our offices are closed between December 25th and January 1st, we have 5 days of family related leave and employees are entitled to 2 days of personal leave.
We invite you to submit your candidacy to join and contribute to our team!
To know more about the NRC and the advantage, please click on the following link: https://nrc.canada.ca/en/corporate/careers/nrc-advantage
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates:
Successful completion of secondary school according to provincial standards.
Post-secondary education in administration may be considered an asset.
For information on certificates and diplomas issued abroad, please see Degree equivalency
- Experience providing administrative support services such as arranging meetings, making travel arrangements, processing travel claims, creating and maintaining files, or data entry;
- Experience with MS Office suite products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Experience in purchasing and/or procurement considered an asset; and
- Experience using the SAP system considered an asset.
Condition of Employment
All employees of the National Research Council are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground of discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Bilingual Imperative BBB/BBB
Information on language requirements and self-assessment tests
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Knowledge of office administration procedures and practices such as arranging meetings; making travel arrangements; processing travel claims and preparing correspondence considered a strong asset;
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities on a daily basis;
- Ability to provide information, explain processes and respond to queries;
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint); and
- Ability to draft memos and correspondence considered an asset.
- Management services – Client focus (Level 2)
- Management services – Communication (Level 1)
- Management services – Initiative (Level 1)
- Management services – Results orientation (Level 1)
- Management services – Teamwork (Level 1)
From $43,897 to $58,205 per annum. In addition, the incumbent will receive the Bilingualism Bonus of $800 per year.
NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of competitive benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
- On October 6, 2021, the Government of Canada announced the launch of a mandatory vaccination policy across the federal public service. The Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination for the National Research Council requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and that you attest to your vaccination status prior to the date of your appointment unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground of discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act. You can find more specific information on the collection and use of your personal information when you submit your attestation.
- A pre-qualified list may be established for similar positions for a one year period.
- Candidates who have Second Language Evaluation (SLE) test results with the Public Service Commission should include these results with their application.
- Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada. Please include citizenship information in your application.
- The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
- We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please direct your questions, with the requisition number (16621) to:
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 30 May 2022