Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development is a Research Institute of biology within the Łukasiewicz Research Network. It focuses on development of new technologies, resulting from basic and applied research, which, in turn, serve as a basis for innovative solutions for the industry. With high-class specialists and state-of-art infrastructure, we provide capacity for the most advanced research. Our Institute consists of three research centres – Life Sciences & Biotechnology Center, Materials Science & Engineering Center and Center for Population Diagnostics, with access to specialized core laboratories – a combination, which allows to carry out both, scientific research and pilot studies for the industry in a comprehensive manner.
We currently seek applicants for
PhD Students in Biology of Astrocytes Research Group
Location: Wrocław, Poland
Ref. no. PhD/BA/2022
A position is available in the Team of Biology of Astrocytes at Łukasiewicz-PORT. We are looking for a highly enthusiastic person to strengthen our interdisciplinary team with her/his technical excellence and brain power. You will support the lab in exciting research combining state-of-the-art genetic approaches with advanced molecular and physiological readouts. Various aspect of the project encompass in vivo structural and functional imaging of genetically encoded fluorescent proteins expressed in various cell types and development of automated tracking of animals behavior. You should be self-driven and independently thinking individual with the ambition of developing career in neuroscience and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Establishing work pipelines for implementation of the project.
- Performing experiments: design, execution, analysis
- Data analysis, interpretation, visualization
- Preparing presentations and writing manuscripts
- Keeping an industry-standard work documentation.
- Staying up to date with modern analysis approaches in the field.
- M.Sc. degree (or final year of MSc studies) in biological sciences or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Very good work organization and time management.
- Experienced to work in interdisciplinary teams.
- Conscientiousness and accuracy.
- Professional level of English
- Full Time contract at the position of Specialist.
- Scientific and organizational support.
- A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary environment.
- Social benefits.
- We subsidies private medical care.
Please send your resume via link:
We kindly inform you that the controller of your personal data is Network Institute operating under the name of Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław, Poland. The data contained in job application will be processed for the purposes of the current recruitment process, and – if the consent is given – for the purposes of future recruitment. We kindly inform you about your right to access your data and correct it, as well as your right to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time without the impact on the compliance with the law of the processing performed on the grounds of consent given before withdrawal thereof. Providing personal information is voluntary.
Information about candidates applying for the above role is public information in the scope covered by the requirements specified in the recruitment announcement. Information on the result of the recruitment process, including the job position for which the recruitment was carried out, the name or names and surname of the selected candidate and his place of residence within the meaning of the provisions of the Act of 23 April 1964 – Civil Code as well as the justification of the candidate’s selection or not employing any the candidate will be made public in accordance with the Act of February 21, 2019 on the Łukasiewicz Research Network.