The Assistant Director for Social Justice and Student Leadership Programs leads and directs the Center’s social justice and community engagement initiatives including student leadership programs, the Public Service Internship program, and the Center’s International Programs. This position oversees training and leadership development for students, faculty, and staff with the focus on social justice and community engagement. This position serves as a community liaison for Tulane’s student-led community engagement efforts.
The Center for Public Service actively promotes and recognizes principles of inclusion, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented on Tulane’s campus and in New Orleans.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated commitment to social justice, equity, and inclusion.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Willingness and availability to work non-standard hours (occasional evenings and weekends).
• Proficient computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel software applications.
• Excellent leadership and supervisory skills.
• Excellent relationship building skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with support staff, colleagues, and business partners alike.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all work performed.
Required Education and/or Experience
• Master’s Degree
• 3 years of experience with social justice and student leadership programming
• Terminal degree, such as a Ph.D. or J.D.
• Knowledge of principles and techniques of program assessment and evaluation
This position is a exempt, salaried position assigned to pay grade 26. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay . See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.