- Technical and personnel management of the center for electronics and reliability and the engineering team for electronics and automation as well as strategic realignment of the group in the context of the department strategy.
- Technical support of failure analyzes in electronics for industrial customers including writing corresponding investigation reports.
- Acquisition of projects from industrial partners and research funding institutions in Switzerland and abroad and management of these research and service projects.
- Giving lectures at scientific conferences and writing scientific publications.
- Supervision of students and interns.
- University degree or doctorate in engineering, physics or related fields with in-depth knowledge in the fields of electrical engineering, materials science, failure analysis or physical analytics.
- Proven experience in the areas of electronics, quality control, reliability or error analysis; Experience in an academic environment is an advantage.
- Experience in the acquisition and management of projects, as well as experience in personnel management. Interest in working in interdisciplinary project teams with research and industry partners.
- Personality with strong organizational and negotiating skills and analytical skills.
- German and English skills, both written and spoken, are desired.
- An interesting and responsible task in the field of applied research.
- Opportunity to develop in a specialist area that is highly regarded in society and the economy.
- International contacts to partners, customers and suppliers.
- Attractive, performance-oriented employment conditions in the ETH domain
For more information about the position, Michael Stiefel is available at [email protected] and Prof. Dr. Michel Calame [email protected] at your disposal. Please also visit our website www.empa.ch/web/s405 .
We look forward to receiving your complete online application including a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, certificates and diplomas. Please submit these exclusively via our application portal. Applications by e-mail or by post will not be considered.
Empa, David Heusser, Human Resources, Ueberlandstrasse 129, 8600 Dübendorf, Switzerland.