The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
As part of the BMBF research program „Soils as Sustainable Resource for the Bio-Economy – BonaRes“ the coordinating project „BonaRes – Centre for Soil Research“ is funded (www.bonares.de ). The interdisciplinary tasks of the BonaRes – Centre include sustainability assessments of agricultural soil management practices. BonaRes Impact Assessment platform provides scientists with guidance, methods and indicators to supports such tasks.
Starting as soon as possible and limited until 31.01.2025, we are offering a position as:
Scientist (f/m/d) – (Postdoc):
Indicator-based sustainability assessment of agricultural soil management
- develop indicators to assess the sustainability of agricultural management options, in particular from the perspectives of ecosystems service supply, resource use efficiency and human health impacts
- develop methods to facilitate the use of BonaRes model outputs for sustainability assessments
- apply indicators in impact assessments using model outputs and literature reviews
- connect your research with complementary participatory impact assessments conducted in BonaResmaintain and improve the web-based BonaRes Impact Assessment Platform
- collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of scientists in BonaRes
- publish your results in scientific journals
- PhD in Agricultural- or Environmental Sciences or related discipline, preferably with a socio-economic focus
- fluency in English
- knowledge and experience regarding ex-ante sustainability impact assessments
- profound understanding of agricultural soil management and of the role of soils for sustainable development
- experience in interdisciplinary cooperation at the interface between natural and social sciences as well as with quantitative and qualitative methods
- proven publication skills
- a Salary according to the collective agreement of the federal states (TV-L) classification up to E14 (including special annual payment) with up to 100% weekly working time
- an Interdisciplinary research environment
- research themes that are both scientifically intriguing and socially relevant
- well established national and international scientific networks
- room for scientific maneuver and support in career development
- a friendly and open-minded working atmosphere in the team and in the department
- a rural landscape environment with high recreation value that is just a 35 min train ride from Berlin.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. Please send your application preferably by e-mail (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates to: [email protected] .
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.
You can find further information at: www.zalf.de/en/ueber_uns/Pages/Datenschutzerklaerung.aspx