In our laboratory we investigate the aspects of signal transduction in cancer. Our new project is focused on evaluating the role of MLK4 signalling in the interactions between the tumor microenvironment and breast cancer cells. MLK4 is a serine/threonine kinase that plays an important role in various cellular processes including proliferation, differentiation, migration of cells. We have recently proven that MLK4 is highly expressed in breast carcinoma and that it contributes to invasive phenotype of breast cancer cells.
For more information, please contact Anna Marusiak at: [email protected]
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform experiments using biochemical, structural and molecular biology techniques (independently and in collaboration with other team members)
- Participate in experimental design and data analysis
- Participate in the data preparation and writing of manuscripts
- Actively participate in lab meetings, scientific seminars and conferences
Profile of candidates/requirements:
- MSc degree (or equivalent) in biology or related fields of life sciences (or perspective of obtaining one),
- Solid knowledge and familiarity with laboratory techniques in at least one of the following disciplines: molecular biology, cancer biology, biochemistry, cell biology, genetics, transcriptomics,
- Very good command of English,
- Motivation and passion for experimental work.
Required documents (in English):
- Motivation letter,
- CV with the list of publications,
- One letter of support from an academic supervisor (preferably including direct supervisor of applicant’s MSc thesis).
- Work in a young, active, team in an excellent scientific environment,
- Comprehensive training in genetics, biochemistry and molecular biology,
- Access to the state of the art equipment and facilities,
- Participation in courses and conferences.
Please apply by filling in the following form: https://forms.gle/T4ydz7fpd1jx6Cwc8
We will contact selected candidates only.
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by The International Institute of Molecular Mechanisms and Machines Polish Academy of Sciences, with its registered office ul. Smetany 2, 00-783 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and I agree for a transfer of provided data to any entity responsible for the implementation of ReMedy project. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”