The Senior Program Coordinator works directly with the Program Manager for Internships and International Experiences to implement and support the Center’s Public Service Internship Program. The Senior Program Coordinator collaborates closely with the Center’s staff in developing relationships with Tulane academic departments and community partners in order to as well as recruitment, placement and monitoring of students participating in the programs; conducting weekly academic seminars for students; and creating and maintaining relevant training and support materials. Additionally, the Senior Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordination, management, and oversight of all Internship program recruitment initiatives.
The Center for Public Service actively promotes and recognizes principles of inclusion, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented on Tulane’s campus and in New Orleans.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, equity and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to work in a fast-paced office balancing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Willingness to work non-standard work schedule (occasional evenings and weekends as needed).
- Proficient computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with support staff, colleagues and business partners alike.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all work performed.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant field and one year teaching or facilitating discussion and/or training groups.
Experience with service-learning and/or experiential education programs, theory, and pedagogy.
This position is a exempt, salaried position assigned to pay grade 24. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay . See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.