Published time: 2022-03-24 Deadline: 2022-04-23 Working place: Beijing
Application requirements for research grants from the Welfare Center
Introduction to the Center
Center for Science, Technology and Education Policy (CSTEP), founded in April 2006, is one of the soft Science research bases in universities approved by the Ministry of Education. It is a university-level scientific research institution of the School of Public Administration of Tsinghua University. The center focuses on academic theoretical research and practical application research in science and technology policy, policy literature quantitative research, education policy, artificial intelligence social experiment and other fields, promoting the construction of public administration discipline and talent training, and providing scientific basis and policy suggestions for the formulation of relevant policies. Since its establishment, the Center has condensed clear and distinctive discipline orientation and research focus, and cultivated many interdisciplinary public policy research and management talents.
In the past five years, the center has been approved by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) Innovation Group Project, key international cooperation project, Outstanding Youth Project, Ministry of Science and Technology of China (Ministry of Science and Technology) National Science and Technology Innovation 2030- “New Generation of Artificial Intelligence” major project and more than ten national projects. Center researchers in Nature, Public Administration, Research Policy, Journal of Informetrics, Management World, Chinese Administration, China Soft Science, Journal of Public Administration and other important journals at home and abroad have published dozens of academic papers, and their academic reputation and social influence are constantly improving. The Center actively carries out diversified and high-level international academic exchange activities. In recent years, the Center has jointly held international conferences on public administration and policy issues with The John F. Kennedy School of Government (Harvard University). It has been held for five consecutive sessions.
The center attaches great importance to post-doctoral training. During the past five years, most of the postdocs obtained the postdoctoral science Foundation projects, and 6 postdocs obtained the national Natural Science Foundation, national Social Science Foundation and other national projects during the station. Many post-docs have been employed by tsinghua University, Zhejiang University, Beijing Normal University, Beijing Institute of Technology, Jilin University, Shandong University, Central University of Finance and Economics, Beijing Forestry University and other well-known first-class universities.
Professor Su Jun, director of the Center, is also the director of the Think Tank Center of Tsinghua University and the president of the Institute of Intelligent Social Governance. Professor Su Jun was selected as one of the leading talents in philosophy and social sciences in the National “Ten Thousand Talents Program”, and was awarded the title of Young and middle-aged expert with outstanding contributions.
According to the research needs, the center is now recruiting 6 postdoctoral researchers from home and abroad.
The center plans to recruit full-time postdoctoral researchers at home and abroad in the fields of policy science theory research of Chinese government governance practice (2 persons), quantitative research of policy literature (1 persons), and theoretical method system research of artificial intelligence social experiment (3 persons).
- Have a solid theoretical foundation and in-depth and systematic professional knowledge, and have published as the first author (or corresponding author) in important academic journals at home and abroad in related fields;
- Strong ability of mathematical model construction and statistical software application;
- Have high enthusiasm for academic research and research activities, and have research innovation ability and project organization ability;
- Applicants who want to apply for social experiment in artificial intelligence, majored in psychology and have rich field investigation experience are preferred.
- Have obtained a PhD degree within two years, or expect to do so before July 2022;
- Be able to engage in postdoctoral research full-time, without temporary or part-time work;
- Under the age of 35.
- Able to use Chinese and English in working language, with strong writing ability in Both Chinese and English.
- Excellent team work ability, actively participate in the team building work of the center.
- Enterprise postdoctoral fellows will not be recruited.
- Post-doctoral research staff’s salary, household registration, social insurance, etc., shall be implemented in accordance with relevant national regulations; According to the current regulations, postdocs can solve the Beijing hukou of themselves, their spouses and children;
- Children can be enrolled in tsinghua Affiliated Kindergarten and Tsinghua Affiliated Primary School;
- Postdoctoral apartments are available;
- Enjoy insurance and housing fund;
- PhD graduates who have obtained their doctoral degrees from universities in the top 100 universities in the world and have not returned to China to work; Or PhD graduates who have obtained their doctoral degrees in two first-class universities or disciplines in China can apply for the Shuimu Scholars Program according to the conditions.
Research funding of the Center
In addition to the above benefits, the Research Center will provide the following research grants:
- The Center encourages postdoctoral researchers to apply for longitudinal projects such as postdoctoral Foundation, National Natural Science Foundation of China, National Social Science Foundation of China, Humanities and Social Science Foundation of The Ministry of Education, and provides guidance for postdoctoral researchers to apply;
- The Center will invite postdoctoral fellows to jointly apply for relevant research projects according to the actual situation;
- In addition to the funding plan of China National Museum of Tourism management office and Tsinghua University, the Center will subsidize each postdoctoral fellow at least once a year to attend international academic conference travel expenses according to financial standards;
- In addition to salary and welfare, the Center will provide additional research allowance for postdocs.
The recruitment is valid for a long time. The recruitment will end on April 23, 2022. Interested candidates should send their resumes and 2 representative works (published articles or doctoral dissertation chapters) to us via email: [email protected], the subject of the email is “Postdoctoral application-name of applicant – current employer (or university) – major – Direction of application – University Talent Network”. You can choose multiple directions and indicate the order of application in the body of the email.
The center will adhere to the principle of “open recruitment, strict assessment, selection”, open, fair and impartial recruitment of postdoctoral researchers. After the deadline of registration, the center will conduct preliminary qualification review and information feedback on the application materials as soon as possible, and interview candidates who have passed the preliminary examination will be conducted according to the unified requirements of the School of Public Administration. The interview time will be notified later.
Contact person: Miss Wang
Email address: [email protected]