- Some suggestions for applicants over 40 years old:
1.1 Except for a few urgently needed disciplines (teaching positions), universities and research units recruit foreign scholars, mainly focusing on their research capabilities and the ability to write high-quality papers;
1.2 Scholars over 40 years old often need to have the qualifications of “excellent scholars” in order to find ideal positions in China;
1.3 How to show the elements of ‘you are an “excellent scholar”
(1) Publish high-quality papers within three years, with more than three papers and the first author;
(2) Graduated from a university within 100 internationally and within 50 in China;
(3) Have a relatively rich scientific research experience and results (achievement certificate issued by an authoritative institution);
(4) The research plan (if required by the tutor) is innovative;
(5) Able to organize and participate in the completion of the research project of the supervisor within two years, and be able to write and publish more than two (2-3), high-quality academic papers, generally published in SSCI, SCI, EI, or the subject First-class international magazine.
- Finding an ideal position often requires multiple applications to succeed
In a position, there are often many competitors, and the process of procedural review and approval by the academic and management institutions of the school is a long and complicated process and there are many uncontrollable factors.
This unit does not accept you, maybe another unit needs you. The same mentor does not accept you this time. Maybe you are in great need next time. Apply for more positions and more opportunities.
If you give up your application, you will never have a chance!
The university where you graduated from PhD is immutable, and your age is also immutable. However, you can continuously improve your application skills and improve the status of your papers (and publish one more high-quality paper), and your application skills can be changed and improved.
- Pay attention to fraud
Some people did not believe my suggestions, they were fooled by scammers, and were cheated of a lot of money. For a poor student, this amount of money is astronomical and unbelievable. Such as: 100% scholarships can be provided, this is a liar, scholarships have quotas. Some people say there is a relationship to help receive the position, this is a liar. To accept a scholar, the school has a professional institution for review, and certain approval procedures, and there is an age limit for working visas.
I have successfully recommended several applicants. They got the post-doctoral position at Wuhan University and Wuhan University of Technology. They have good qualifications. I only acted as an introduction.
- Materials Provided by the Applicant
- Application Letter,
- Scanned copy of doctoral degree certificate,
- Two letters or three of recommendation, one of which was given by your supervisor,
- A Certificate( if have not get PhD degree) which by supervisor or the office of degree of the University,
- All supporting materials that illustrate your achievements,
All sent to Email of The Tutor PLZ
- SSCI, SCI, EI The applicant is the first author, or the applicant is the second author, and the supervisor is the first author (limited to one) academic paper, at least one, or Have at least 2 CSSCI papers as the first author
- Age limit for postdoc application & graduation years:
According to the newly released Guidelines of The General Office of the State Council on the Reform and Improvement of the postdoctoral system, postdoctoral fellows must meet two mandatory requirements:
1) Under 35 years old;
2) It usually takes less than 3 years to obtain a doctorate.
Graduates who have obtained doctoral degrees in the university are not allowed to apply for admission to the university’s mobile station in the same first-level discipline
- A Candidates of Over 35 Years Old, How To apply Job In China
- Age of postdoc should not exceed 35, which is required by the Chinese government, but can be relaxed for excellent candidates (usually up to 38).
- Foreigners (PhD under 40, PhD associate professor under 45, PhD professor under 50，
- Young and middle-aged researchers or professors, under the age of 45，
- Assistant research fellows, associate research fellows and research fellows shall be older than 35 and less than 45 years old，
- Senior talents should be around 45 years old，
- The age of teachers in special majors and majors in short supply can be relaxed，
- Visiting scholars, international collaborative research positions, there are no age restrictions
- Top-notch talents, generally under 55 years old
Age is not the problem, the key is academic achievement, research ability, SSCI, SCI, EI ability
- Basic requirements for postdoc candidates in China
- Under the age of 35,
- Persons who have received a doctoral degree within 3 years,
- Applicants are not allowed to apply for post-doctoral research in the same first-level discipline station of their doctoral institution.
- At least one SSCI, SCI, OR EI article in which the applicant is the first author (or the doctoral advisor is the first author and the applicant is the second author).
- If the doctoral supervisor is the first author and the applicant is the second author, the number of papers can only be counted as one.
- Some doctoral programs, for the shortage of majors, the age can be appropriately relaxed (generally to 38).
- Some doctoral programs recruit exceptionally qualified scholars, The age can be relaxed (usually to 38).
- General, especially excellent scholar qualifications:
A PhD from one of the world’s top 100 universities/equivalent research institutions
SSCI, SCI. EI applicant is the first author of a paper with an IF greater than or equal to 5，and an overall IF greater than or equal to 10.
Participate in national or international major scientific research projects and play a leading role.
Expertise in comprehensive research projects.
Have solid basic knowledge and skills, familiar with the development frontier of the subject
- Currently in China, the annual salary standard for postdocs
Basic salary + research allowance + dissertation allowance + social insurance premium + others