The postdoc will belong to the DFG Heisenberg Professorship for Functional Agrobiodiversity and should start as soon as possible. The regular working hours will be 39.8 hours per week with a limited contract for 3 years with the option for a 2 year extension. Salary will be paid according to the German grade 13 TV-L.
The research focus of the Functional Agrobiodiversity group is on agrobiodiversity, trophic interactions (ecological networks), ecosystem services (mainly pollination, biological control), landscape ecology and on multifunctionality of tropical and temperate agricultural systems. The experimental research aims at linking functional diversity and community structure to ecosystem functions and services that are of importance for agricultural production. We explore ecological intensification practices and agri-environment measures within interdisciplinary projects considering social-ecological frameworks (http://www.agrobiodiversity.uni-goettingen.de). The position offers the possibility for academic qualification/habilitation.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist with excellent knowledge of ecological statistics with R (e.g. network analysis, structural equation modelling, GLMM, meta-analysis or Bayesian statistics). Applicants must have a completed university degree (Master’s degree) and should also hold a PhD in ecology, biology, agriculture or related disciplines. Interested candidates should have research experience in functional biodiversity research, agroecology, community ecology, network analysis and/or landscape ecology. Fluency in written and spoken English, interest in teaching and a good publication record are required. You should have excellent communication skills to join our research team. Basic knowledge or interest in GIS, sound recordings and/or machine learning would be desirable.
• Research in the field of functional agrobiodiversity, agroecology, interaction networks, landscape ecology, ecosystem functions and services in agricultural systems
• Analyses of existing and new data sets from previous and ongoing projects, writing manuscripts
• Collaboration with ongoing projects that are located in temperate and tropical regions
• Initiation of new research projects
• Teaching lectures and practical courses on topics, such as biodiversity in agricultural systems, ecosystem functions and services, sustainable land use and community ecology (corresponding to § 31 NHG for four hours per week during the teaching periods)
• Supervision of bachelor, master and doctoral students
Please send your application in English including a letter of motivation, your CV, copies of your certificates and contact information of at least two references in electronic form via the application portal of the University of Göttingen.
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life.The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.
Further information Frau Prof. Westphal, E-Mail: [email protected], Tel. 0551 3922257