TUMCREATE is a research platform for the advancements of Singapore’s food studies. Researchers from Technical University Munich (TUM) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU) join forces with the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) and A*STAR’s Singapore Institute of Food and Biotechnology Innovation (SIFBI). The programme is funded by Singapore’s National Research Foundation (NRF) as part of the Campus for Research Excellence and Technological Enterprise (CREATE). Please visit www.tum-create.edu.sg for more information about TUMCREATE.
Key Job Purpose for Position
You will be working in the team of Proteins for Singapore, a comprehensive research programme with renowned scientists of plant and food technology, food chemistry, and business sustainability. Interdisciplinary teams will generate state-of-the-art methods and techniques to ensure a sustainable protein supply in highly urbanized environments. One of the major goals of this subproject is the comprehensive scientific evaluation of a pilot vertical farm in Singapore. That includes planning, carrying out, monitoring and analysing soybean crop growth experiments to maximize grain protein yield per unit area and year under fully controlled growing conditions.
- Interdisciplinary research on soybeans in vertical farming.
- Manage the scientific process and exchange with all partners.
- Publish in international scientific journals.
Competencies and Qualifications Requirements
- Strong background in crop physiology and good knowledge in plant sciences
- Experiences in indoor farming or glasshouse production & at least a sound understanding of technology (e.g. sensors, control units, data science, crop models or programming).
- Outstanding research activities – you have published in top-tier peer-reviewed journals.
- Good team player, able to work with deadlines and dynamic requirements.
- Self-motivated and quick learner who is passionate about latest trends and technologies.
- Positive attitude and desire to work in fast-paced environment.
- Carry out experiments with soybeans in controlled environment systems.
- Evaluate, develop and improve the experimental site and infrastructure & explore the optimal crop growing conditions for a high and resource-efficient production.
- Scientific evaluation of a pilot vertical farm for soybean production in Singapore.
- Analyse data, visualize results and present findings.
- Write regular project reports and document the important knowledge.
- Organize a close exchange between members of the project and external partners.
- PhD in plant sciences, plant physiology, agricultural biology or related disciplines.
- Working experience in vertical farming and project management.
- The position will be placed in Singapore.
- Strong skills in English speaking and writing, problem-solving and communication.
Please send your complete application including cover letter, CV, university transcripts and degree certificates to [email protected]. We are looking forward to your application