The IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca is seeking 8 talented doctoral candidates in its Economics, Analytics and Decision Sciences (EADS)PhD Program.
The EADS Program trains PhD students of all nationalities to undertake cutting-edge research in a wide range of economic and social disciplines with a unique multidisciplinary approach that relies on the unifying language of statistics and data science, as well as on selected tools from computer science and psychology.
EADS students also have the opportunity of completing their research projects under joint supervision (double-degree) with partner universities, including KU Leuven (Belgium) and the University of Alicante (Spain). All students are encouraged to spend visiting research periods at international organizations, both within the Erasmus+ framework and through ad hoc mobility agreements.
EADS in a nutshell
- Contract Type: Scholarship up to 48 months
- Commitment: Full time
- Location: Lucca (Tuscany, Italy)
- Official language: English
- Starting date: early November 2022
- Benefits: free room (all year round), free meals at the canteen (lunch and dinner, all year round), free access to campus facilities, additional research and international mobility funds, insurance coverages, social security coverage
- First year: Follow courses in your tailor-made scientific training program
- Second and third year: Engage in your own research (both at Lucca and abroad) under the guidance of at least one Advisor from the Faculty
- Develop three or more research papers for your doctoral thesis
- Participate in the daily academic and campus life, including seminars, conferences, workshops attendance, public outreach activities etc.
- Master’s degree or equivalent, possibly in Economics, Management, Statistics, Law, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Logic and Philosophy of Science, Mathematics, Cognitive and Behavioral Sciences, or in contiguous areas (to be obtained by October 31st, 2022)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Demostrated solid quantitative skills, comparable with those acquired in economics-managerial degrees
- Enthusiasm for research, critical thinking, and interest in policy-relevant issues
- An exciting multidisciplinary and international research environment with ample opportunities to exchange with scholars from related disciplines at international Universities
- Work under the supervision of at least one Advisor from the faculty
- Work in a team with several other doctoral candidates, postdoc researchers and faculty
- A tailor-made scientific training program with a wide range of courses, lectures and seminars by leading researchers
- Mentoring, training and career development support
- A highly competitive full-time PhD Position with
- a scholarship for a maximum period of 4 consecutive years
- social security coverage
- free accommodation on the sustainable and accessible campus (all year round)
- free meals on campus (lunch and dinner, all year round)
- additional research funds
- additional international mobility funds
- insurance coverages (liability, accident)
- no tuition fees
How to apply
You are welcome to submit your application through the online application system at the following link: https://www.imtlucca.it/en/phd/information-for-students
There’s no application fee.
You must register and then provide the requested data and documents. You may complete your application accessing multiple times the online application system.
Students graduating by 31st October 2022 are also welcome to apply.
Deadline for applications: 30th June 2022 at noon (CEST time)
No application shall be accepted after the deadline.
- Publication of short-listed candidates: Mid-July 2022
- Interview of short-listed candidates: Late July 2022
- Notification of admission: Early August 2022
For more information, please get in touch with [email protected]
The IMT School is an Equal Opportunity Employer